Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life Has Gone Haywire - La vida se ha enloquecido

I came across the word "haywire" in my reading this morning, and I think the word somewhat describes my life right now.  To go haywire means to become wildly confused, out of control, or crazy.  That's my life!

Me encontré con la palabra "chaveta" en mi lectura esta mañana, y pienso que la palabra un tanto describe un tanto mi vida ahora mismo.  Perder la chaveta significa llegar a ser salvajemente confuso, fuera de control, o loco.  ¡Esa es mi vida!    

In addition, I am very sad.  My boss Denny had been very ill for two weeks after a heart operation, and he passed away on Sunday night.  He was by far the best boss (out of 5) that I've had in the 12 years I've been at this job.  I will miss him a lot.

Además, estoy muy triste.  Mi jefe Denny había estado muy enfermo durante dos semanas después de una operación del corazón, y falleció el domingo por la noche.  Él era, con mucho, el mejor jefe (de 5) que he tenido en los 12 años que he estado en este trabajo. Me Voy a extrañarlo mucho. 

My co-workers and I have been trying to keep the accounting department running in Denny's absence.  It's our fiscal year end, and our CPA firm is in our office to audit our financial records.  As a result, I have been working 40 hours per week instead of 26.  I've had to change my routines, and give up some things that I like to do in my free time. 

Mis compañeros y yo hemos estado tratando de mantener el departamento de contabilidad funcionando en el ausencia de Denny.  Es nuestro fin de año fiscal, y nuestra CPA empresa CPA está en nuestra oficina para revisar nuestros registros financieros.  Como resultado, he estado trabajando 40 horas por semana en vez de 26.  He tenido que cambiar mis rutinas y renunciar a algunas cosas que me gusta hacer en mi tiempo libre.       

I'm trying to keep up with my Spanish studies.  I try to read and listen to a little Spanish every night.  But I don't have time to schedule a Spanish conversation with a LingQ tutor.  And I'm not exercising like I normally do.  However please don't worry about me!  I have faith that things will soon get back to normal.  And life will be wonderful once more!

Estoy tratando de seguir con el estudio del español.  Trato de leer y escuchar un poco de español cada noche.  Pero no tuve tiempo para planificar una conversación de español con un tutor de LingQ.  Y no estoy ejercitándome como hago normalmente. Sin embargo, ¡por favor no te preocupes por mí! Tengo fe en que las cosas volveran a la normalidad pronto.  ¡Y la vida va a ser maravillosa una vez más!

1 comment:

  1. Alice, I am so sorry about your boss. It must be very hard to go to work every day knowing he won't be there. On a better note, I really like your blog. I have often thought of trying to learn Italian, maybe when I retire....
    You are right about speaking Spanish. You need to practice and not worry about the mistakes. Someone told that to Ellen when she was taking Spanish. I hope things go better these next few weeks. Take care...I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete