Thursday, February 9, 2012

New Direction for This Blog

Hello everyone,

In the past I have used this blog to practice writing in Spanish, with corrections made by my tutor(s) shown in bold print.  However I am no longer working with a tutor, so I am going to change the usage of this blog.  

I will now be writing in English (most likely) with the sole intent of sharing my love for learning the Spanish language.  I have been studying Spanish as a hobby for 5 years and I think I can share some encouragement, some ideas that are helpful to a new learner, and my joy in learning & starting to communicate in a new language.

I am currently taking the 2nd semester of Spanish, a 4-hour credit course, at the local community college.  Previously I attended about a dozen adult continuing education courses of 10 weeks each, and I studied for 1+ years with a tutor via Skype.  I have also studied many, many hours on my own, either with books or online.  I have a collection of about 75 Spanish books.  I'm just telling you all this so that you'll understand my passion for learning Spanish. 
I am into it big time!!

Now that I've made that clear, I will end this post.  I'm looking forward to hearing from some of you about your excitement for language learning.

Regards,
Alicia




2 comments:

  1. Hi Alicia! Glad you're still learning. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela,

    I just looked at your locks blog. Wow! That's interesting! It looks like an awful lot of work to me. I like a low maintenance hairstyle even more than you do. Haha!

    When I finish my credit courses at the community college, this semester plus one more, I would love to practice Spanish with you somehow. Keep it in mind...

    Regards,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete