Hoy es viernes y estoy en casa. Normalmente Today is Friday and I'm at home. Normally I don't work on this day (of the week). I like having the free time of Fridays. My husband David is at work. My cat Meeko is taking a nap. The house is quiet. Ah, how nice! Will I work or play? I don't know! But I will enjoy the day!
Alicia,
ReplyDeleteHere is how I would say it but I am not criticizing, just comparing notes with a fellow student :)
"Hoy es viernes y estoy en casa. Normalmente yo no trabajo en este día. Me gusta tener el tiempo libre de los viernes. Mi viejo, David está en el trabajo. Mi gato Meeko está echando un coyotito. La casa está en silencio. Ah, que lindo! ¿Voy a trabajar o jugar? Yo no sé pero voy a disfrutar el día."
Note: When coyotes sleep in the daytime they only sleep for a few minutes at a time. To "echar un coyotito" is to imitate a coyote.)
Bob,
ReplyDeleteI like that phrase "echar un coyotito." That's exactly how a cat sleeps! It's what I would call a catnap. Thanks for your comments!
Thank you for following me. I had one semester of Spanish in high school. It is something I would like to get back to.
ReplyDelete